Weaving CranioSacral Therapy and Birth Psychology for Conception, Pregnancy and Birth
with Carol McLellan, CMT, CST-D, CD
APPPAH and Upledger Institute International
are Partnering to Offer this Two-Part Workshop on
CranioSacral Therapy and Birth Psychology
This workshop is for
CranioSacral therapists seeking to learn more and integrate birth psychology concepts into their practice
Birth practitioners and healthcare professionals looking to understand the benefits of CranioSacral Therapy for moms and babies
During this program you will:
- Gain a clear understanding of how CranioSacral Therapy (CST) integrates the concepts of Birth Psychology
- Recognize how our consciousness, thoughts and emotions affect our physical structure
- Explore the concepts and applications of pre and perinatal psychology
- Explore the anatomy and physiology of the craniosacral system and its relationship to conception, pregnancy and birth
- Develop and refine light-touch palpation skills via virtual practice
- Learn and practice palpating the “listening stations” key body locations where the craniosacral motion can best be evaluated
- Learn and practice tissue release techniques for the pelvic and respiratory diaphragms and thoracic inlet
- Discover how utilizing both modalities—CST and Birth Psychology—has been shown to release ancestral patterns and negative imprinting, as well as facilitate a deeper connection between the mother and child in utero
Get a “sneak peek” at the foundations for this course in
Carol’s Monday LIVE! Exploring Birth Psychology 60-minute introduction.
Carol McLellan CST-D® has a 35-year background in holistic health education and bodywork – over 30 of which have focused on CranioSacral Therapy. She is a CranioSacral Therapy Instructor for The Upledger Institute International, teaching nationally and internationally in many countries. Carol was invited by Dr. Upledger to develop the curriculum for CranioSacral Therapy for Conscious Conception, Pregnancy and Birth, of which she is Ombudsman. She is also co-ombudsman for CranioSacral Therapy for Pediatrics. She has helped facilitate the BioAquatic Discoveries for Pediatrics in the Bahamas and Turkey. She is on the Curriculum Oversight Committee for Upledger International and has trained many instructors.
In addition, Carol McLellan is a doula, doula educator and a childbirth educator, and currently serves as the Vice President of Education and Programs for APPPAH. Carol has three grown children, all of whom have received the benefit of Prenatal bonding and CST their entire lives. Two of her children received their first CST treatment in utero, the optimum way to start life!
- History of CranioSacral Therapy
- History of CST for Conception, Pregnancy and Birth
- What is Birth Psychology
- An Understanding of Boundaries and Neutrality
- Pre and Perinatal Concepts
- Craniosacral Anatomy
- Palpating the Craniosacral Rhythm
What is CranioSacral Therapy?
This workshop will guide participants on a journey to, through and around one of the body’s most fascinating healing channels, the craniosacral system. The craniosacral system (CSS) has a slow, gentle rhythm that resonates throughout the entire body. Unique from other systems of the body, the CSS actually slows down and enters into a sense of timelessness, which practitioners refer to as stillpoint. Regular CranioSacral Therapy can help maintain health, and well being and encourage the body’s own innate ability to heal.
CranioSacral Therapy assists the pregnant woman by releasing restrictions in the body and pelvis to co-create an optimal birthing experience. CranioSacral Therapy is also a wonderful and gentle bodywork modality for infants, babies and children.
What is Birth Psychology?
Birth psychology is the practice of attuning to the core essence of a baby’s consciousness, beginning in the womb. Supporting the birth mother and primary caregivers in tapping into their awareness of the prenate‘s consciousness enables better birth outcomes and stronger parent/infant bonds. The field of Birth Psychology supports a wholistic approach to conception, pregnancy and birth that includes the baby’s experiences as well as the parents, family members, and the professionals who support them.
How can I access this class?
This is an on-demand course, once you have purchased the recordings are available to view anytime. There is no time limit on viewing these recordings. Should availability change, all purchasers will be notified in advance.
Are refunds available?
On-Demand Course Refund Policy:
Refunds are not available for our on-demand courses.